> How would i go about making a table and then inserting rows
> in the body in a for loop. I am wanting to create a stats board for
> a post match. I figured i would create the table and then append
> to it am i right in how to go about this? How would i append to a
> tag in the table i just created?
> http://3spn.net/jQuery/dom_creation.html
> I wanted to add more player rows how would i do that? hehe I
> tried to do a append($table > tr) deal but it didnt work.

The tr elements descend from either thead or tbody, so table>tr won't match
anything. There's a workaround in the latest jQuery that will  catch the
case of appending tr to table and put it in tbody, but it's best to say it
yourself.

Instead of applying a style to each td, use a colgroup and apply the styles
(or classes) to the col elements. It will save you a lot of messy coding.