On 2006.08.15, Jonathan Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >I'll look into the memory leakage part, but I've never really noticed it
> >myself.
>
> I doubt it would be a memory leak since the form is part of the dom. All it
> does is leave around some extra elements. In short it should clean up what
> it alters.

Yes, but every time the click handler is fired, it creates a new "form"
and "input" node ... and never removes them.  Imagine a web application
where the page is long-living (which is reasonable given AJAX).  What
will happen to the DOM tree?  It'll continue to accumulate "form" and
"input" nodes each time the click handler is fired.

Or, am I missing something here?  Do the form/input nodes get removed
and I just can't tell?  If so: why does the edited element stay rendered
the way it is?  From my empirical tests, it seems that the "form" node
continues to exist after the submit/reset of the in-situ editing is
performed.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/