Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list and have recently begun the process of evaluating jQuery. After looking at a wide variety of _javascript_/Ajax libraries, I've narrowed my choices down to jQuery and Prototype. Though I understand there's nothing stopping me from using both, there's lots of overlapping functionality from what I can tell and I'd prefer to pick one as my primary solution.

I'm having a hard time finding good information that directly compares the 2 libraries. I assume the in exchange for the much smaller file size, I'd be giving up a good deal of functionality by going with jQuery. I've begun going through what documentation and articles do exist in an attempt to put my own comparison together, but I was wondering if anyone who has experience with both libraries could provide a broad overview of their main differences?

Thanks!

Todd