On Thursday 17 August 2006 16:30, Klaus Hartl wrote:

> Yes, such tabs wouldn't be accessible anymore, and not unobtrusive
> either because you would have useless links hanging around, pointing to
> some empty divs if JavaScript is disabled.
>
> Therefore I wouldn't go so far and implement Ajax calls on tab click. I
> cannot see the use here, to me it's like using Ajax for the sake of
> Ajax. The user would even have to wait for the content to be loaded
> (first click), and that is not what I call very usable.
>
> Nonetheless, with the callback mechanism it would be pretty easy to
> implement such a function and pass it as callback. But this should not
> be part of the plugin in my eyes.

Oh I agree completely.  The tab plugin itself shouldn't bother with Ajax.
However, pre and post callbacks then make it easy for someone to tie the ajax
functionality in themselves, creating the tabbed-ajax setup I described.

It's all about powerful building blocks. :-)

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson