Yehuda Katz wrote:
> For some reason, Thickbox made the design decision to strip the entire
> query string (not just the thickbox parameters) from the URL loaded into
> the i-frame. This caused me problems, because I actually did need to
> pass parameters to a dynamic page.
>
> What's the benefit of stripping all parameters (I just left in the
> Thickbox params, and all is well).

You'll have to talk to Cody for the original reasoning. All I can come
up with is that maybe passing unwanted values to scripts could cause
problems?

Someone posted a hack in the Thickbox forum:
http://codylindley.com/thickboxforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=11&page=1
That worked for him, though not some others, including myself.

I made it work in my specific case with the following hack:

//                    urlNoQuery = url.substr(0,TB_strpos(url, "?"));
                     urlNoQuery = url;

(Search for the commented line; it's the original. There are two
instances right after each other. The new line doesn't make any special
sense. It's just a workaround.)

Cody's working on a new version for release soon(no more specific),
which will allow for passing variables:
http://codylindley.com/thickboxforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=97&page=1#Item_5

Make feature requests here:
http://codylindley.com/thickboxforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=90&page=1#Item_12