On 9/1/06, Kelvin Luck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Haggerty wrote:
> > Since Flash likes to always appear on top, I have come up with a
> > method to hide the player tied to the firing of Thickbox.
>
> This isn't an answer to your question but a suggestion for a workaround.
> If you embed the flash with wmode="transparent" then it doesn't always
> like to be on top and your thickbox should work fine. The downside is
> that the performance of the flash movie will suffer - depends on the
> movie but this may be an easier solution,

You can avoid the performance hit by using wmode="opaque" instead of
wmode="transparent". But be warned, both of these are slightly buggy -
in particular check that any clickable areas are still where you
expect them to be after scrolling the page in firefox 1.x

--
Chris Ovenden

http://thepeer.blogspot.com
"Imagine all the people / Sharing all the world"