Christof Donat wrote:

> Cons:
> - either you need to do synchronous loading like JSON does or you need to
> work
> with callbacks as I do. Synchronous loading blocks the browser, callbacks are
> not understood by everyone.

I believe Christof is referring here to JSAN (openjsan.org) not JSON
(data format) when he is referring to the synchronous loading

I'd like to throw in my voice in support of Christof's call for keeping
things like this out of jQuery proper.  To me 'doing different things
should look different'.  When i see raw ajax calls and such hanging off
$ that looks wrong, as I think of $ signifying that I'm selecting and
manipulating the DOM.  If I'm doing something that doesn't have to do
with DOM selection, I shouldn't see the $ in my code, because that's
what I associate it with, and anything else interrupts the visual
texture of my code.

-Stephen