The cursor keys don't track with the mouse. For example: type com and let the
suggestions pop up. Use the cursor keys to go down the list a bit. Mouse
over one of the top items, highlighting that item. Cursor down again, and
the highlight jumps to the last cursor-selected item. To make this even more
noticable, cursor down far enough to make the page scroll, then mouse over
an item near the top. Cursoring down will make the page scroll farther,
since the cursors didn't "see" the mouse selection.