> Ok - I finally beat it ;-) I wasn't familiar with it being called
> "Shanghai", I've heard it called Mahjong before:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_solitaire

Yes, Mah-jong is a more complex game than the solitaire version. I used to
have a Mac shareware called "Shanghai", that's the name I kept.

> could totally get games.jquery.com up and running ;-)

lol. I've now published a first version with an article at:
        http://www.jquery.info/spip.php?article16

the game:
        http://www.jquery.info/IMG/html/shanghai.html

Thanks to Renato for solving the multiple MSIE compatability issues I had in
the first draft. One worth noting here is that I had used a global variable
called shanghai, and the HTML had a <div id="shanghai" />... bam! The others
were various usual CSS stuff.

What next? Probably nothing from me, as I'm not going to spend my life
making jquery games :-)

However there's room for improvement, in the game itself (currently, it's
ugly and always uses the same arbitrary board). And also in the code itself,
which could use a better data model (here I have no way to know if a piece
is below another piece), and could dispense totally with global variables.
If anyone wants to play with it, go ahead!

-- Fil