From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kevin Scholl
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 2:26 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: [jQuery] Checkboxes

Would anyone have any idea why checkboxes within the THEAD and TFOOT of
a table would not be recognized up by the following:

$(document).ready(function(){
   $("[EMAIL PROTECTED]'checkbox']").click(function() {
     // do whatever
     });
   }); // end ready function

I'm working on a check/uncheck all script:

http://beta.ksscholl.com/jquery/checkboxes.html

where the checkboxes in the header and footer of the table should
select/deselect all the others. If I put those checkboxes into regular
TBODY rows, they work fine. But as soon as the THEAD and TFOOT tags are
applied, it's as if the script can't even see that they exist (as tested

using simple alerts).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin