While your plugin is slick, there is something of a sacrifice of size for
sexyness.

The point of thickbox was functionality whilst maintaining a small code
size. It achieved that, and then some.

While it's not gorgeous, it still weights in at nearly twice of the size of
thickbox (iutil.js+imagebox.js=15+kb),(thickbox.js = 9.44kb). Whether they
all play nicely when compressed may even bring more benefits.

Don't get me wrong here... I think your imagebox is great, but I don't think
thickbox is too complex!