You can try that and it makes more sense to me than extracting the data
from your html.

I recommend using JSON for that. The response looks something like:

{'title':'home_reviews', 'content':'<h2>New content</h2><p>content</p>',
'image:'', 'music':3}

And your call (you can even have some error handling here):

$.ajax({
     url: "./content/?" + htmlDoc,
     dataType: 'json',
     success: function(json) {