On 9/24/06, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the global responders for individual requests -- as Klaus points out, there
> are often XHR requests that don't merit the user's attention.

You can't really "override" the global responders.  If you declare
local handlers they are called in addition to the global methods, not
instead of them.

Mike

Mike, I agree, right now there is no override mechanism. It would be pretty easy to add one though -- add an optional boolean argument (supressGlobalResponders or something) on the ajax function, and then check its value before invoking the global responders. You could then utilize a global responder for the common case (when the user needs feedback), but override the globals when the user doesn't need to be aware of the activity.