> From: Dan Atkinson
>
> Also, I'm unsure why you want to use document.writeln as I
> find jQuery's methods much more compact and neat.

I don't know if it relates to this specific code, but there are things you
can do with document.writeln that you can't do with DOM manipulation.
Specifically, the HTML that you write with document.writeln behaves as if it
were part of the original document. This allows you to get totally clean
page transitions like you can get with straight-up server-delivered HTML -
and cannot achieve with DOM manipulation.

-Mike