> Are you saying that there should be a section on jQuery set aside for womens
> issues?

Did I say such a thing?  :-D

I just point to the fact that using invalid XHTML will discourage *some*
XHTML-savvy users, as putting a bimbo picture on the Magazine (p 12) -- with
no explanation whatsoever of the DEVO-stuff -- will discourage *some* women
(and maybe some "rabid feminists" as myself, lol).

I mentioned Debian-women because they have produced interesting work on
these issues, and invited you to read one of these articles. I don't claim
that jQuery should have a jQuery-women project!

> Internationalisation is another thing entirely however. There's clearly the
> desire for jQuery to be translated, but maybe not those with the time,
> experience and general knowhow.

We have already actively started to translate the Magazine in French  ;-)

> If everyone who saw something offensive stayed away, youtube would a
> failure, newsgroups would never have exploded, and slashdot would be empty
> (apart from Wil Wheaton submitting odd articles about his time on Star
> Trek!).

Of course, trash TV works too. Our point here is to try and make things
better. I think we all agree on this, and I'm getting back to my translation
of the docs.

-- Fil