Okay ... I've updated the plugin once again.

I overrode the mousewheel method to take an optional two functions
instead of one. The first function is the up handler and the second
function is the down handler. The preventDefault is still the last
param. I also added mousewheelup and mousewheeldown along with
unmousewheelup and unmousewheeldown. However, you can't chain
mousewheelup and mousewheeldown together. The last one in the chain
will override the previous. Also unmousewheelup and unmousewheeldown
will remove both up and down if they exist. I tried to get around this
but couldn't easily do so. If you need a seperate function for both up
and down, just use mousewheel method with two functions.

The example/test page is updated as well as the SVN. The blog entry
however, is not updated yet.

I've also posted this on the plugins page of jquery.com.

Brandon