I start working on the same think: fisheye menu http://interface.eyecon.ro/development/demos/fisheye.html is just a draft hope something nice will come out of this.

Yehuda Katz wrote:
Dojo released a new widget today: a spreadsheet widget. and it ocurred to me that while we don't quite have anything like that yet, there are scattered widgets throughout the jQuerysphere. I figured it'd be nice for us to put together a jQuery widget package that, to the extent possible, mirrors the Dojo widget set.

The challenge is this: where there is no existing widget, create it. The holy grail, at this point, would be a replication of their spreadsheet widget or their rich text editor widget.

I'd like to put together the widget pack at some point in the next month, and I'll be featuring the widget pack in next month's Magazine. Theere's nothing requiring an exact mirror of the Dojo widgets, so feel free to submit widgets that are not present in Dojo.

You can check out what Dojo has currently at http://dojotoolkit.org/

Enjoy!

--
Yehuda Katz