On 10/3/06, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I think this new serialize method is pretty damn good!  Is there
> *anyone* out there that cares about the semantic ordering of the
> posted values?  Personally, I do not, and I definitely would like to
> have only a single serialize method.  Maybe the semantic version could
> be left as a separate plugin for anyone that needs that capability.  I
> vote for updating the form plugin with this new version.

Yes, I care.

Case:
An unchecked checkbox doesn't post. However, you usually want to work
with an on/off value. I use this construct (stolen from Rails I
think):

<input type="hidden" name="foo" value="offValue">
<input type="checkbox" name="foo" value="onValue">

This way, when the checkbox is not checked, "offValue" is posted for
foo. When checked, "onValue" is posted.