.not() is really greedy, if filters out /everything/ that you specify,
so when you say:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@name=checkbox]

You're saying:
- Anything that's not an input element
- AND anything that's type property isn't checkbox
- AND anything that's name isn't checkbox

It's the first one that's goofing you up, in the end you can probably
just reduce it to:

.not("[EMAIL PROTECTED]")

Hope this helps!

--John

On 10/4/06, Jacky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie in jQuery. I have some question on how 'not()' works. e.g.
>
> HTML:
>                         <input type="checkbox" name="checkbox"/>
>                         <input type="hidden" name="hidden"/>
>                         <input type="text" name="text"/>
>                         <select name="select" name="select">
>                                 <option value="0">0</option>
>                         </select>
>                         <textarea rows="3" cols="11"
> name="textarea"></textarea>
>

> JS:
> $(document).ready(function(){
>         $("#test")
>                 .find("tr").find("input,select,textarea")
>                 .not("[EMAIL PROTECTED]@name=checkbox]")
>                 .each(function(){
>                         alert(this.name);
>                 });
> });
>
> What I thought was that it should find all the input,select,textara in
> expecting 'hidden','text','select' and 'textarea' would be alerted.
>
> But in reality, it will only alert 'select' and 'textarea'. Why is that??
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Jacky
> http://jacky.seezone.net