OK, I uploaded a new packed version and just in case it mattered, your
highlightFade code could be made prettier by setting some useful default
values:

$.highlightFade.defaults['speed'] = 1000;
$.highlightFade.defaults['iterator'] = 'exponential';
$('td.link1').click(function() { $(this).highlightFade('#333333') });
$('td.link1').hover(function() { $(this).highlightFade('#F0F0F0')
},function() { return true });

-blair