What I'm trying to say is that using the $ alias by default is fine.
And just having to change the '$ = jQuery' line to use another alias
is okay with me, except that the $ alias was being used in the jQuery
code itself, so I had to search and replace it everywhere. The jQuery
code (and plugins) should not be using the alias. If you want to use a
shorter alias internally maybe you could use something more unique
like $jq.