Webunity | Gilles van den Hoven schrieb:
> Klaus Hartl wrote:
>> The by far safest thing to use is Conditional Compilation. And that way
>> other browsers only get JavaScript comments...:
>>
> Yeah i saw that on your blog. But doesn't this affect all versions of
> msie, even 6+ ?

Yes, but that does jQuery.browser.msie as well. If I want to exclude IE7
  I perform the following check:

/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
if (typeof XmlHttpRequest == 'function')
     document.execCommand("BackgroundImageCache", false, true);
@*/

That assumes jQuery's Ajax module. Maybe you could use the variable
@_jscript_version to make the distinction (it's 5.6 in IE6 and 5.7 in
IE7), but I'm not sure if that ever changes with a possible update for IE6:

/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
if (parseFloat(@_jscript_version) < 5.7)