Hello all,

I'm fairly new to jQuery having used Prototype & Scriptaculous (sparingly!) in the past.  My problem is thus:

I have a form with 3 <select>'s all of which trigger $.ajax calls when the selection changes.  This in itself works fine.  To give the user a visual cue I added a 'loading' graphic, and then added the fairly standard (as far as I can see) ajaxStart and ajaxStop show/hides.  On the first ajax call the graphic shows and hides as I'd expect, however on subsequent calls the graphic flashes away for longer periods of time.

Does anyone have an idea why this is?  I was guessing that perhaps it's queueing up the start/stop functions and executing them causing the flashing but I'm probably wrong there.

I guess another question is when does jQuery consider an $.ajax call stopped?

Regards,

Gerry Tucker