Hi Jorn,

Your page is a well-written tutorial for its target audience:  people who are
already very comfortable with JavaScript and/or are skilled programmers.

But if your target audience is newbies -- particularly web designers who are
just learning how to code -- it's too hard to read.  Therefore it doesn't
encourage newbies to start thinking in terms of using plugins right away.  For
example, the page begins:

        jQuery offers a mechanism for adding in methods and functionality,
bundled as plugins. Most of the methods and
        functions included in the default download are written using the jQuery
plugin construct.

        Plugin writing comes in two steps. The first is writing any of your
public methods and functions....

I showed this to the designer in my shop who is interested in learning
JavaScript.  His reaction was, "it's too complex."  What he meant was, he
doesn't know what methods, constructs, public methods, etc. are.   Would he
keep reading?  Not likely.

I was suggesting a tutorial aimed at newbies that would encourage them to use
plugins from the get-go.  To do that, you'd language such as:

        If you've just started using jQuery, you've probably tried out a few of
the hundreds of jQuery plugins
        that let you add powerful features to a website with almost no work on
your part.

        But writing plug-ins isn't just for uber-geeks.  Plug-ins are a great
way of bundling your own jquery code
        so you can esily re-use it.  If you're just learning jQuery, learning
how to create your own plugins today
        can save you a lot of pain and suffering down the line.

        Best of all, writing jQuery plugins is a snap.  Here's how.

        Let's say you frequently want to...

Again, not a criticism of your original page.  You were writing for a different
audience.

Thanks,
Anders