On 2006.10.16, Glen Lipka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think this is John's call ultimately, but what do you all think?
> Would a more robust group site be helpful or get in the way?

It would get in the way.  Use a real mail client that supports
threading, already.  It's 2006, you know.

Now, if only people would allow you to download a forum's messages in
Unix mbox format (so I could open/search/etc. it locally using my
threading mail client!) ... most web-based forum GUIs are horrible.

A soft compromise might be an NNTP newsgroup, but I like the push-style
nature of email-based lists.  I hate to poll for new articles.

-- Dossy

-- 
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network   | http://panoptic.com/
  "He realized the fastest way to change is to laugh at your own
    folly -- then you can let go and quickly move on." (p. 70)

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to