Hello,

It's my first post, so let me introduce myself. I'm a jquery newbie,
somewhat knowledgeable at javascript, php, and web applications in
general. I'm the developer of thinkedit (www.thinkedit.org) "yet
another php CMS". We choosed jquery to add easily some dynamic
behaviour to the admin interface of this cms. Currently, very little
has been done in this direction. The main thing to do is to build a
tree ui for the management of "nodes" inside the cms.

This being said, I have a first question / proposal : is there a plan
to have a solid plugin repository ?

It would be great to have a central place where authors can add
plugins, with structured informations :

- author
- last updated
- compatibility with jquery version x and upper (very important if you
plan to change the api)
- user rating
- user comments
- svn access

This looks like a lot of work, but this would help a lot. I'm always a
bit in discomfort to copy and paste some plugin code from some
"unknown" people on a production site. This would also help
collaboration on plugins. Maybe I'm dreaming, or maybe it already
exists, or maybe it's too early ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for this refreshing way of using javascript !

--
Philippe Jadin
Thinkedit, a flexible