On 10/18/06, John Resig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I don't doubt that people use the lang attribute as intended
> (considering that I've never made a non-english site) - however,
> there's certainly never been a need for the ~=  selector - which is
> only remotely useful with lang-related attributes.

But the class name isn't the only attribute which accepts
space-separated values. There's the `%linkTypes;` [1] value type, used
in `rel` and `rev` attributes.

I can see a use for the `~=` selector in matching XFN [2] marked up links.

It could be useful too when using custom XML.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/sgml/dtd.html#LinkTypes
[2]: http://gmpg.org/xfn/
--
Choan