>>> I'm sure most everyone knows by now that IE 7 has been officially
>>> released but I just wanted to ensure that everyone knows that last
>>> night, MS began pushing out IE 7 via Windows Update.
>>
>> Whoa, are you sure about that? Microsoft said just yesterday that it
>> wouldn't happen until November:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/10/19/be-ready-for-automatic-update-di
stribution-of-ie7-by-november-1.aspx

>> Did you have the beta installed? Maybe that would trigger it.
>
> Yep, I updated my IE7 RC1 to the full release via Windows Update just
> last night. I don't know if the beta triggered it. I'll look on one of my
> other PCs thats running IE6 to see if IE7 is available via Windows
> Update. If anything, if you're using IE6, just run Windows Update
> and see if the option to upgrade shows up.

I just did that and it didn't give me IE7 as an update. I think it must only
offer the update for people with IE7 beta/RC already installed. I would test
that hypothesis but I manually upgraded my only IE7 beta on another system
yesterday.