> 1) Add an configuration option what kind of response jEditable
expects.
> This requires less coding from end user. Bad thing is it adds bloat to

> jEditable since all different response types need their own handlers
> inside plugin code.

Yep, this doesn't sound right to me... Sometimes you just have to make
choices for the user, this sounds like a compromise which is in noones
advantadge

> 2) Add user defined callback (and/or callbefore) handlers. Requires
more
> coding from the end user but everyone can write their own
implementation
> for their own needs. Those who don't need special implementations can
> still use the easy defaults.

This would be great. I personally think that the little bit of extra
coding largely makes up for the flexibility and reusability that this
approach offers.

Barry