Seems like IE Flicker bug to me...(http://www.mister-pixel.com)

many problems are fixed by just adding the fix. This is common among tickers
as I have had this problem alot in the past with other tickers. Also, It
seems to have kind of an overall boost with heavy CSS & Javascript load in
IE...

<code>
//Stop IE flicker
if ($.browser.msie == true) {
document.execCommand('BackgroundImageCache', false, true);
}
</code>

Try it and let me know how it goes, good luck! :)

-EJ