Hi,

I've just been using Jquery for a few days and WOW,
this has been very productive for me.  This is
fantastic work all around.  I do have two questions
I'm hoping someone might know something about:

1) Where can I find a searchable archive of this
mailing list, because I'd hate to ask questions that
have already been answered.

2) I'm getting about a 1.5 second pause when the page
loads up, even when on my local system, which appears
to be when my jquery commands execute.  It's just a
little too long, my client noticed right away.  Are
there any tricks to help this out?  For example is it
better to use xpath or css type searches for better
performance?

I've learned the trick about using .end() correctly to
reset searches without starting from scratch, and that
helped a bit but it's not quite enough.

I know this is a pretty open ended question please let
me know if I can help clarify it.  If I can get this
performance thing fixed up a bit I hope some of my
plugins can be useful to the community.

Thanks!!!

--john