> humpf, I don't understand why I can't modify the title tag
> with jquery...
>
> I want to input some data after its loaded. For example,
> $("title").append("test");
>
> How come this does not work?

You can't change the title tag's innerHTML once the tag has been encountered
in the HTML code. This isn't a jQuery limitation; it's a browser limitation.
I don't know if it is true for every browser, but it is for the ones I
tested when I implemented dynamic titles a while ago.

If you want a title programmed from JavaScript, you have to do it
differently. Remove the <title> tag from the document entirely, and replace
it with a document.writeln that writes out the title tag you want. You get
only one chance at this - you can't change it once the tag is written.

-Mike