Mike Stenhouse schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> I've been using jQuery for a while but I'm just about to do my first
> serious bit of Ajax with it and there's a piece of functionality I need.
> I want to reuse a single XmlHttpObject to avoid content coming back out
> of order, or I want to be able to cancel an existing request so that I
> can manage the returning data. Either $.ajax({ url:'url.php',
> connection:'onlyone' }) or $('div#content').cancelLoad() would probably
> do the trick. I have hacked one together myself from the $.ajax method
> but it's a bit of a kludge. Is there an easier way?

My first approach would be to add a name parameter to $.ajax. If the
name is given, it stores the connection and that name on the first call.
On later calls, it restores the connection by the name (couldn't be
easiert with JS) and reuses it.

It would be nice if we could add that functionality to jQuery without
modifying the $.ajax itself, but I don't think this is currently possible.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de