Thats amazing.. I was just puzzling over the exact same problem. I
switched all my code to use explicit get which is better anyways, because
I want to update more than one DOM element with results returned from the
server.
Live and learn.
What are the three places where we should look for docs?
--Jacob
> On Tuesday, October 31, 2006 1:57 PM Chris W. Parker <> said:
>
>> 1:
>>
>> $("div#one").load('numbers.php', {page: thisPage});
>>
>> 2:
>>
>> $.get('numbers.php', {page: thisPage}, function(fileInput) {
>> $("div#one").html(fileInput);
>> });
>>
>>
>> Why does #2 work and #1 doesn't?
>
> I found out why. Apparently I wasn't looking at the FULL documentation
> pages* originally. Load() does a POST and $.get() does GET. My php page
> was looking for GET.
>
>
>
> Chris.
>
> * Now there are THREE different places to get documentation that I'm
> aware of.
>
> _______________________________________________
> jQuery mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/