There is a jHeartBeat plugin that will do what you need.

<!----------------//------
andy matthews
web developer
certified advanced coldfusion programmer
ICGLink, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
615.370.1530 x737
--------------//--------->

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of roykolak
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [jQuery] ajax periodic refresh



I'm thinking too hard...

Sometimes I forget that jquery is not a replacement for javascript.

Thanks Guys,

Roy



Klaus Hartl wrote:
>
> Roy Kolak schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question...
>>
>> I am looking for a way to refresh some content of a page every 3 seconds.
>> Basically, I'm looking for a jquery way to do this:
>>
>> setInterval("call_refreshSentence()", 3000 );
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roy Kolak
>
> Hey Roy, theres not much more to do than you already have proposed... :-)
>
> Try:
>
> var refreshId = setInterval(function() {
>      $('#some-content').load('/path/to/your.php');
> }, 3000);
>
> You can use refreshId to clear the interval later if required...
>
>
> -- Klaus
>
> _______________________________________________
> jQuery mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>
>

--
View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-ajax-periodic-refresh-tf2555401.html#a7121798
Sent from the JQuery mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/


_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to