Michael Holloway schrieb:
> The original comment made me giggle too, but the guy doesn't need
> flaming by the community, Klaus pointed out concerns about Jake's coding
> earlier. I think Jake was just trying to point out how simple and easy
> to use, yet effective jQuery can be.

First of all, my intention wasn't to start a flame on Jake. Yes, I was a
little upset by Jakes statement.

My main concern about that is the following: Newcomers come along, read
this and say to themselves: "Yeah, I always knew that, HTML sucks, who
cares" and then they start doing the craziest things like using tables
for layout, div-soup, inaccessible, obtrusive JavaScript and so on
instead of thinking about the best possible way of how to do things.

Although HTML has been there for years now, people still do not get it
right and there's still the need to promote best-practice.

Besides, without HTML we wouldn't be discussing jQuery here, I'm pretty
sure.

-- Klaus