I was hoping to hide and show table rows with a slide effect. But it  
seems that Firefox needs a display: table-row instead of a "display:  
block" to make a row appear properly. While IE throws an error at  
table-row and does fine with block.

While I didn't get the slide effect working, I did get the row to  
appear properly by adding these functions:

showRow: function(){
                        this.style.display = this.oldblock ? this.oldblock : "";
                        if ( jQuery.css(this,"display") == "none" )
                        if ( browserName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer" ) {     
                                this.style.display = "block"; } else {
                                this.style.display = "table-row"; }
                },

                hideRow: function(){
                        this.oldblock = this.oldblock || 
jQuery.css(this,"display");
                        if ( this.oldblock == "none" )
                        if ( browserName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer" ) {
                            this.oldblock = "block"; } else {
                                this.oldblock = "table-row"; }
                        this.style.display = "none";
                },
                toggleRow: function(){
                        jQuery(this)[ jQuery(this).is(":hidden") ? "showRow" :  
"hideRow" ].apply( jQuery(this), arguments );
                },


Hope this helps someone -- or perhaps someone can help me find a  
better way. Thanks!

Brian

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to