Mike Alsup schrieb:
>> While we are at it: A get request can send it's data only by appending
>> the query string to the URL, right? Can this be handled by $.ajax, too?
>>

> Sure, it could.  I think it makes sense to move all that logic into
> $.ajax but I would keep $.get and $.post because they are nice
> convenience methods.  $.ajax supports a lot of options and having some
> of them defaulted properly via $.get and $.post makes sense.

If you put the logic into $.ajax, the only thing left for $.get to do is
just what the $.ajax success callback already provides. And it's nearly
the same for $.post, only that you type $.post({...}) instead of
$.ajax({type: "post", ...});

So don't see the need for $.get and $.post anymore.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de