I have got an array of 50 urls templates, and want to make a proper url out
of each one, adding also a special click, and then append all these urls to
a div in a specific position. All this should be done many times in a page,
"many" could be 50, just to say something that could be possible, but it's
really an unpredictable number of times. (well, less than a 100 is a good
guess)

I think the problem lies in the dom creation.
Each link is inside 4 nested divs, so this could mean 80 bytes each (adding
structure and data).
At only 3 divs ( x 50 = 150 appends ) I'm experimenting a delay of a couple
of seconds for reloading the page, and for this test the page has no content
other than those divs!