On Tuesday 14 November 2006 15:17, John Resig wrote:
> I'm almost inclined to agree. When planning out the structure for the
> new documentation I realized that the 'Ajax' section was really more
> of a "Design Methodologies/Cookbook" section, more than anything else.
> Whereas the core dom/css is more of a toolset of functionality.
>
> That being said - Ajax functionality is used a lot. If it were
> extracted, I'd want to have a special jquery+ajax build to go along
> with it.

I see nothing wrong with multiple "standard" builds for those not up to
building their own compressed libraries.

"Core" - Minimal stripped version
"Standard" - More or less what it is now, including Ajax
"Advanced" - Throw in some of the more useful plugins (by some definition of
useful, but probably including the forms handling stuff and dimensions and
possibly Interface; I leave this to others to figure out).
Or Build Your Own! - Link to instructions on how to roll your own
cherry-picked compressed library.

80% of people will just grab Standard, those that are very size conscious will
get Core, those who like lots of bells and whistles for no effort get
Advanced, and heavy-duty developers will build to order.

Excuse me while I go back to lurking. :-)

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson