Strip the redundancy - excellent idea.

On 15/11/06, John Resig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) Strip out all "helper" functions into an external plugin.
> 2) Change the official (in SVN) plugins to no longer use the helpers.
> 3) Change all docs to no longer use the helpers.

Towards the top of this thread I was in the 'make ajax a plugin' camp.
Simply because I have got huge value out of JQuery without touching
it. Of course I may feel differently once I have got a taste of that
AJAX magic :)

After reading all the talk about custom builds and the like I'm
leaning towards making the sensible decisions upfront. Trimming the
options, clicks and head scratching when downloading JQuery. Think
more Apple less Dell.

That is not an argument against a custom JQuery building gizmo as an
optimisation tool. Just a vote towards shielding regular users from
any need to use it to make their JQuery just work.

Otherwise every tutorial intended to show how easy something is - will
need to be prefixed with a JQuery configuration spec!