> Even if it is 10-15 lines, it's still lines I, and most developers,
> will never ever use. jQuery should be for the everyday basics, and the
> plug-ins are there to extend the base.

The expression engine is the most important part about jQuery, and that provide
more then just a single "right" way to solve things. Someone who was worked a
lot with XML knows XPath very good, but may have no idea about CSS. By
supporting both, jQuery could attract a much bigger audience.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de