> I still think that using a namespace and providing a short cut like $A
> is the best way to handle this, instead of extending the element or
> prototype. I think we could even get chaining to work properly if we
> really wanted too. We could also probably provide a way to extend the
> prototype if users really wanted it.

I'd really like to hear other's opinions about this topic. John? Mike? Klaus?
If you read this: Say something!

I think jQuery is a lot about promoting best practice. Find the best approach
for a certain aspect and promote that approach, instead of providing every way
and as much flexibility as you can think of. The latter used to happen a lot in
the java enterprise enviroment and is pretty ugly.

It's great to have to opportunity to discuss it here at expense :-)

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de