Rey Bango schrieb:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Since when did the use of tables become taboo or cause issues with
> accessibility?

Hi Rey,

since people have started to use screen readers. The contents of a table
are read in the order they appear in the source, not as they appear on
the screen. Have you cared about linearization when using a layout table?

See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#tables-layout for example.

Also layout tables doesn't play nice on small screens.

> I understand your rationale for using tables to display tabular data but
> prior to CSS, they also served as the main method for positioning all
> types of data and forms.

Because they were used like that, shouldn't serve as justification to do
so today.

Sure, I have used them too (last time 2002 by the way), but I think it's
really, really time to move on. Browsers even start to support CSS 3
columns...

-- Klaus