Not if you have well formatted tables. There should be a TD between the A
and TR. You could do .parents('tr'), which is the same as ancestors.

Not to hijack this thread, but maybe someone who is more familiar could
share with us which function is preferred, parents or ancestors?

--Erik

On 11/27/06, Brandon Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/27/06, Bruce MacKay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Thanks Erik,
>
>  Unfortunately your line of code hid all the rows in the table,
including
> the one that was clicked.  If I just wanted to hide the row that was
> clicked, how would your line be altered?

You could try to just call .parent('tr') instead of ancestors.

--
Brandon Aaron