Andrea Ercolino ha scritto:

> Fil wrote:
>> I agree, but it's really grep that we want to do here, in my opinion.
>>

> The call to filter inside the loop is already grepping... ultimately.
>
> BTW: could someone explain how does it work this mechanism, where a function
> has two declarations, like filter, and each is properly called? How are they
> differentiated?

The one declared in jQuery.fn = jQuery.prototype is for new instances of
the jQuery object.

Called by $("p").filter()

The other is declared for the starting jQuery object, let's say the
constructor object.

Used internally and called by jQuery.filter()

I know I have not used the correct words, but i can't explain better :)

Renato