Could something like this be run as HTML wallpaper on a desktop
as opposed to in a browser?  Nice app...

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Marshall Salinger
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 11:14 AM
To: 'jQuery Discussion.'
Subject: Re: [jQuery] MyDayLite (to-do list) release. All files included.

Cool little app. Thanks for sharing!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Litzinger
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:22 AM
To: discuss@jquery.com

I originally showed this 3-4 months ago in its very early stages. I've
been
working on it periodically and using it everyday since then and I think
its
finally to a stage where I can release it. I'm not a rockstar PHP or JS
programmer... I'm sure there are areas that can be optimized so be nice
:)
jQuery has a great community and new plug-ins are coming out everyday
and I
want to contribute back. So below you'll find a zip file containing
everything needed to install this app on your own server. Eventually
I'll
have a hosted solution. I hope one or more people can look at the code
and
see the plug-ins in use in an actual application and learn something
from
it. I know I learned a lot making this.

Idea
I wanted to create a better to-do list that I can use in my Google
homepage,
and wanted it to feel like a Google application. The design is highly
based
off Gmail. I also wanted it to feel natural and easy to use...  mainly
in
the mark off feature as well as the quick priority and label assignment
(see
the help page or video for example).

Features
sort and prioritize to-dos
to-dos and labels can be edited in line
to-dos can be marked off much like you'd mark off something on a piece
of
paper.
to-dos can be archived, and retrieved from the archive or deleted
permanently.
the same files can be used in a standalone page, or in your Google
homepage
(use the xml file included)
quickly assign a priority or label via typing only
create a new label and to-do at the same time (ex: new label name> this
is
my to-do)

tested in FF 2, Safari, and IE 7

Email me with any bugs, or code improvements you might have: litzinger
at
gmail dot com

Online Demo: http://brianlitzinger.com/mydaylite/demo/
Video Demo: http://brianlitzinger.com/mydaylite/demo/video.mov