Brandon Aaron wrote:
> If you grab the latest version of jQuery (1.0.3) or event better from
> SVN, then you will be able to use .attr() to set the disabled
> attribute and you will be able to just use .css() to set the opacity -
> even in IE. Actually the opacity should work with 1.0.2.

Brandon,

  I've pulled rev. 631 from jQuery-trunk and all seems well. I'm using
$.attr() and $.css() as you mentioned. The new routine is;
disable: function() {
        if (!this.submit || this.disabled == true)
            return;
        this.disabled = true;
        this.submit.attr('disabled', true).css('opacity',0.5);
    },
    enable: function() {
        if (!this.submit || this.disabled == false)
            return;
        this.disabled = false;
        this.submit.attr('disabled', false).css('opacity',1);
    },

  I'll be updating that to protect/disable <a> links using a bind/unbind
return false; $.click() event.

 Anyway.. you were correct about the IE "enable" button not firing. It
wasn't about classes... but instead about IE not getting the selected
value from a <select> element. I'll post a separate thread about this topic.

Thanks!

~ Brice