you can prevent 'tabbing' using document.activeElement: 1) save it, 2) blur
it, 3) focus saved (on exit).
p.s. not all browsers support it, so you'll have to 'do it yourself':
<code>
$(function(){
    if (typeof document.activeElement == 'undefined') {
        $('a, input, select, textarea, button')
            .blur(function(){document.activeElement = null;})
            .focus(function(){document.activeElement = this;});
</code>