Hey folks,

I am working on a Microcontent module for Drupal that uses jQuery, but
I cannot seem to get that functionality to work.  I need to ask, does
.addClass actually add class text to a tag, or is it just applying it
in the background.  To explain, my code looks like this:

$(function(){
     $("[EMAIL PROTECTED]").addClass("microid-' . $hash . '")
});

Now, $hash is generated from hashing the users email and homepage url.
 When I add the JS to drupal_add_js, this is how it outputs, so I know
this bit is working:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function(){
     $("[EMAIL
PROTECTED]").addClass("microid-48d0e28087a9cb825fbc7e6257fdb00137bf8aa3")
});
</script>

But when I check any div tags that have <div id="node-n"> (n being the
node number) the class list still looks the same.  If .addClass is the
wrong thing, can anyone suggest another way I go about this?

Regards,
Tane